Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I adapted a recipe (#98997 here - excellent recipe) to add banana, and the cookies turned out really great!
- 354.88 ml flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml salt
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 532.32 ml oats
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 29.58 ml honey
- 3 ripe bananas, smashed with fork
- 236.59 ml blueberries (if frozen, thaw and drain well (do not smash though)
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and oats in large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and both sugars. I do this by hand with a whisk, but a hand mixer would work well too.
- Add honey and egg and stir well with rigid spoon.
- Add smashed bananas.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Add blueberries, about a cup, or as many as you wish. Make sure that they are thawed and drained well if you are using frozen ones so the cookies do not get too mushy.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They will be very lightly browned on the bottom edges. They might look like they are not quite done, but as long as they are set, they should be good. If you cook them too long they will be dry.
- Cool on wire racks and keep airtight, with wax paper or plastic wrap between layers of cookies so they don't stick together. Enjoy!
Excellent recipe. I added a half of pack of lemon flavored pudding mix and wow, what a cookie! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Just finished these for Christmas cookies. Used double cinnamon, double blueberries and no honey. They turned out excellent and are full of blueberry and banana flavor. Thank you for the recipe.
Yum! The blueberries were a great touch to this recipe. I also added vanilla. We loved baking them and eating them. Thanks for posting!