Recipe by *Parsley*
Bananas and chocolate. Yummy!
Top Review by swissms
Delicious! I would never have thought to add banana to brownie batter. But the result is a wonderful, chocolatey cakelike brownie with a nice banana flavor (not overpowering). I thought they were perfect as written. My step-son loves frosted brownies so after cutting off a piece for myself, I used Recipe #70858 to frost the remaining brownies. They would also be good with chocolate chunks added to the batter. Thank you for a great recipe! Made for Went to the Market tag.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts (or chopped pecans)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large overripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (or 6 oz semisweet baking chocolate)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom of an 8" square baking pan.
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the butter and the chocolate chips on low just until blended.
- Melt butter & chocolate, stirring often, in a saucepan on stove over low heat until smooth.
- Add melted mixture to other mixture and beat until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 for about 3o minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.