Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These come from a diabetic friendly cookbook, and are rather tasty considering they are low fat and low sugar...
- 2 bananas
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup wholemeal self-rising flour
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mash bananas well (there should be no lumps).
- Beat the egg and add to the bananas.
- Add milk and the juice.
- Sift flours, cinnamon and baking powder together.
- Fold flours into the liquid mixture, mix well by hand.
- Spoon into lightly greased muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated 210 c oven for about 20 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Remove from oven, lift muffins out of tin and cool on a cake rack.
These were tasty, yet a bit dry. I think additional bananas would be good in this and give it a little added sweetness. Easy to make. Thanks