Recipe by WhiteSnake
We have been making this cake for years. I use it when I don't feel like a pound cake,
Top Review by Baby Kato
This lovely tea cake, has a wonderful texture and a beautiful flavor. Really enjoyed the combination of banana and coconut in this tasty treat. It has a really nice crumb. It was very quick and easy to make with terrific results. It rose beautifully and was perfectly baked. The glaze really adds to the cake giving it a little extra oummmf. I made it in a small heart shape cake pan instead of a loaf pan. We really enjoyed this cake. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Fall Pac/12
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 )
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut (chopped fine )
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl beat margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Blend in milk and almond extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually stir into bowl, mixing well.
- Stir in bananas.
- Fold in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 9X5X3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 - 55 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar,margarine and water until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake.