Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
We have been making this cake for years. I use it when I don't feel like a pound cake,
Make and share this Banana Macaroon Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 )
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut (chopped fine )
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl beat margarine and sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Blend in milk and almond extract.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually stir into bowl, mixing well.
- Stir in bananas.
- Fold in coconut.
- Pour into a greased 9X5X3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 50 - 55 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar,margarine and water until smooth.
- Drizzle over cake.
This lovely tea cake, has a wonderful texture and a beautiful flavor. Really enjoyed the combination of banana and coconut in this tasty treat. It has a really nice crumb. It was very quick and easy to make with terrific results. It rose beautifully and was perfectly baked. The glaze really adds to the cake giving it a little extra oummmf. I made it in a small heart shape cake pan instead of a loaf pan. We really enjoyed this cake. Thanks so much for sharing. Made for Fall Pac/12
VERY GOOD! Nice and moist ~ like a banana bread (cake) should be! By mistake I creamed 1/2 cup butter and decided to use it all, and take my chances ~ I mashed 4 small bananas that equaled 1 1/3 cups, used brown sugar, 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring, and 1 teaspoon rum flavoring, and baked the mixture in a 10 5/8 x 5 1/2 x 2 3/4 Pyrex loaf pan, for 1 hour and 5 minutes at 325F. I skipped the glaze and dusted with powdered sugar instead! Made for Spring PAC 2012.
This was good but it turned out more like a banana bread than cake for me. It had good flavor, thanks for helping me use all the freezer bananas!