Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Fruity and sweet.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 6 crackers)
- 4 bananas (not too ripe)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fruit sweetened jam (apricot is good but any kind will do)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coconut, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cream sherry or 1⁄4 cup fruit juice
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Sprinkle graham crackers in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Peel and slice bananas.
- Arrange slices on top of the graham
- crackers and drizzle with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl combine jam, walnuts, coconut, and sherry or juice.
- Spread over bananas.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
The dessert is quite sweet and we liked the flavor. It bet it would be very good with a scoop of ice cream. Bananas don't end up looking very pretty after baking (even with lemon juice) but your taste buds won't mind!