1/3 Photos of Banana Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
May M's Note:
Adapted from Cooking Light (Sept. 1999). Original recipe uses plain fat-free yogurt, but I prefer powdered buttermilk, reconstituted. This allegedly yields 12 standard-sized cupcakes, but I like to make 24 mini ones for parties. Nutmeg adds that special something.
My Private Note
mini cu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup banana, ripe and mashed well
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (1 cup weighs 4.5 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (I use Saco brand powdered buttermilk, reconstituted.) or 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt (I use Saco brand powdered buttermilk, reconstituted.)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F., and spray a 12-cup standard or 24-cup mini muffin tin with non-stick spray. IMPORTANT: If you use paper liners, be sure to spray the insides of the liners or the cupcakes will stick!
- 2CUPCAKES: Mix the mashed banana and 1/4 cup sugar and set aside.
- 3Beat 1/2 cup sugar, butter and 1 tsp vanilla extract at medium speed of a mixer until well blended. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Now add banana mixture and beat well.
- 4In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Add flour mixture to wet mixture alternately with buttermilk, mixing after each addition.
- 5Bake at 350 deg. for about 25 minutes (mini cupcakes, 12 to 15 minutes) or until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 6FROSTING: Beat powdered sugar, chilled cream cheese and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract at medium speed just until blended (do not overbeat). Use the back of a spoon to spread over cupcakes.
- 7Store frosted cupcakes and any leftover frosting in the refrigerator, although these cupcakes don't last long enough to worry about that!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (909 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 83.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g