Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Bananas are great in any dessert :P
Make and share this Banana Crumb Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup mashed banana, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon mashed banana (reserved from 2/3 cup mashed banana)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease or line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Prepare the crumb topping: In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar and salt. Cut shortening into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Larger crumbs are a bit more desirable. Stir in the mashed banana and set bowl aside.
- Prepare the batter: In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, vegetable oil, buttermilk, egg, bananas and vanilla. Pour flour mixture into banana mixture and stir until batter is just combined. Spoon into muffin tins, filling each 2/3 full. Top each muffin with crumb mixture, dividing it evenly.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes, until a tester comes out clean and the muffins spring back when gently touched.
oh wow can you say yummy ...I really liked these I did add about 1 cup of chopped walnuts to the mix and to the crumb topping i used butter flavor crisco but YEAH a great muffin