Recipe by Chef on the coast
My mom is an excellent cook. She almost always made everything from scratch growing up. This is one of those recipes. Every time I eat a piece of this pie - it always brings good memories of family gatherings - since she always brought pies.
Top Review by weekend cooker
We all enjoyed this. Did not adjust this at all. This was so easy to prepare too. Though the previous reviewer stated that this is a basic recipe, and as much as My kids and myself like bananas, this hit the spot. Great fklavoring and taste. Made for recipe swap# 36.
- 10 inches pie shells, baked
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in medium saucepan.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add milk and butter. Beat well.
- Cook slowly until thick. Let boil for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- When cool, pour over sliced bananas in pie crust.
- Top with cool whip and banana slices if desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.