Recipe by LAURIE
Different flavor for a cheesecake, but oh so yummy! Great for a crowd!
Top Review by chia
i made this tonight and my guests couldn't stop raving, my dh kept saying this was the best thing ever, kids loved it, and guests all took home copies of the recipe= what more can i say???? except... i didn't know what dream whip was, and then i couldn't find it so- i whipped 1 c of heavy cream with my electric mixer. then added 2 tbsp confectioners sugar and 1 tsp vanilla- it made a nice light whipped cream topping i refrigerated it for a few hours and it was just wonderful. thanks laurie
- 1 package banana cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar, plus
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 envelope Dream Whip, prepared
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Reserve 1 cup dry cake mix, set aside.
- Combine remaining mix, 1 egg, oil and 1/3 cup brown sugar, until crumbly.
- Press evenly into 13x9 greased pan on bottom and 3/4 way up the sides.
- Arrange banana slices on crust.
- In large mixer bowl, blend cream cheese, with 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- Add 3 eggs and reserved cake mix.
- Beat 1 minute at med speed.
- At low speed, slowly add milk and lemon juice, mixing until smooth.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake at 300 for 45-50 minutes, til center is firm.
- Spread topping over cheesecake and chill.
- Store refrigerated or freeze covered with foil.