Uncle Bill's Blueberry Cream Cheesecake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups fresh blueberries or 3 cups frozen blueberries
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, finely chopped almonds, 1/4 cup sugar and baking powder.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Drizzle egg mixture over crumbly flour mixture and mix until egg mixture is just incorporated and the mixture is still crumbly.
- Press mixture evenly over the bottom of an 11" x 1 1/2" spring form pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until surface is no longer shiny.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spoon 3 cups of blueberries evenly over baked base.
- Sprinkle remainder of 1/4 cup of sugar over the blueberries.
- FILLING: In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup of sugar, eggs and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over blueberries.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until center of cake is barely firm to the touch.
- Remove cake form oven and immediately run a knife around inside of rim to loosen cake.
- Let cool.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- SAUCE: Puree' 1 cup of blueberries in a blender.
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberry puree' and sugar and cook over medium-high heat just long enough to dissolve sugar, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, mix well and let cool.
- TO SERVE: Remove sides from spring form pan.
- Cut cheesecake into wedge slices.
- Pour some blueberry sauce on each serving plate.
- Place a piece of cheesecake in pool of sauce, then spoon more sauce over cheesecake.
- If using frozen blueberries, make sure they are thawed, drained and patted dry with paper toweling.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Burnaby, British Columbia. I am retired and have written a cookbook entitled, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen. I am a recipe developer, author, publisher, distributor and a chef. My cookbook is very unique as I have a Nutrient Analysis for each ingredient used in each recipe that shows you the values for Calories, Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. A high-lighted bar shows the values on a per serving basis plus the Fat/Cal%. From Uncle Bill's Kitchen contains tried-and-true, tested, easy to follow reipes for both novice and experienced cooks. You'll find old Russian, Ukrainian, and other ethnic favorites, along with modern West Coast dishes. The Nutrient Analysis will please the health conscious. Uncle Bill's favorite recipes will reward efforts of the most creative cook and provide the family with many tantalizing, healthful meals. I have appeared on 48 various Television Shows in Vancouver, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamploops, B.C. Canada, as well as in Palm Springs, CA. In Palm Springs, CA, I have been a Guest on the JACKIE OLDEN RADIO SHOW and THE JOEY ENGLISH RADIO SHOW, twice a year since 1998. I also do demo cooking shows at CHAPTERS BOOK STORES, SAVE-ON-FOOD STORES, GALLOWAY'S FOODS, WESTMINSTER PUBLIC QUAY MARKET, and in the U.S. at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSTORES in Palm Springs, CA, Phoenix and Yuma, AZ. I was in Palm Springs, CA from June 10th to July 14th. 2002 and again appeared twice on the Jackie Olden Show, twice on the Joey English Show and pre-taped a TV COOKING SHOW with Jackie Olden that is aired on TV from Palm Springs, CA to Los Angeles, CA.