Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Rich decadent cake, i serve this during Christmas morning with a hot pot of freshly brewed coffee.
crumb topping (STREUSEL)
- 295.73 ml dark chocolate, chopped
- 78.07 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 118.29 ml walnuts, chopped
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 354.88 ml flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 314.66 ml bananas, ripe and mashed
- 29.58 ml instant coffee granules, mixed with
- 14.79 ml hot water
- 44.37 ml buttermilk
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 9 1/2 x 4 inch tube pan.
- Stir chopped chocolate, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Stir till blended, set aside.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter in a large bowl using an electric mixer till light and creamy.
- Add sugar gradually.
- When mixture is fluffy, add egg 1 at a time.
- Beat in mashed bananas, coffee and buttermilk.
- Add in dry ingredients and blend well.
- Pour half of batter in prepared tube pan.
- Sprinkle half of the streusel topping.
- Repeat with remaining batter ending with streusel topping.
- Bake banana coffeecake about 45 minutes.
- Till tester comes out clean when dipped in the center.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Slice and Serve warm.
I love this cake, its rich and chocolatey and nutty! Will make again.
yum yum yum!!!
Whoa!! Rich rich cake best served with coffee. Sinfully great!