Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delicious banana bread made even more yummier with the addition of chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces chocolate chips (1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream butter and sugar, then add egg.
- In another bowl, combine bananas and milk.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda and add to creamed mixture alternately with banana mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan and bake at 350° for 60 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool on a wire rack.
I left the nuts out and added a sprinkling of chocolate chips to the top of the loaf. It came out great! Quite delicious! I would probably cook about 5 minutes less next time so that the top and sides aren't as brown.
Bananas and chocolate--how can you go wrong? Used 1/2 sugar and 1/2 Splenda and decreased the butter by half and with the mositure from the bananas it was great. I served this spread with cashew butter. Wonderful!
I made this this weekend with my 5 year old daughter. She loves banana bread and chocolate. The only thing we did different was leave out the walnuts (that was her choice). The bread was great. We had it for breakfast on Sunday and snacked on it throughout the day. We will definitely be making this again!