1 hr 15 mins
This is a a sinfully delicious creamy bread pudding! Kittencal's Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce or Ice Cream Topping works great with this recipe, just make certain that the sauce is room temperature before using in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cubed Italian bread (crusts removed and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 ripe bananas (sliced crosswise)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (or use pecans)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (room temperature)
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9-inch baking dish.
- 3Spread the bread cubes into the bottom of the baking dish.
- 4Arrange the banana slices over the top of the bread, then sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- 5Drizzle the caramel sauce over top.
- 6In a bowl beat cream with eggs, cream cheese and cinnamon until smooth and combined; pour evenly over the top.
- 7Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 8Bake for about 45-50 minutes to 1 hour.
- 9Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- 10Serve warm topped with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Chocolate Caramel Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.7
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 181.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: