Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a a sinfully delicious creamy bread pudding! Kittencal's Brown Sugar Caramel Sauce or Ice Cream Topping works great with this recipe, just make certain that the sauce is room temperature before using in this recipe.
- 4 cups cubed Italian bread (crusts removed and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 2 ripe bananas (sliced crosswise)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted walnuts (or use pecans)
- 1⁄2 cup caramel sauce (room temperature)
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- vanilla ice cream
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Butter a 9-inch baking dish.
- Spread the bread cubes into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange the banana slices over the top of the bread, then sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over top.
- In a bowl beat cream with eggs, cream cheese and cinnamon until smooth and combined; pour evenly over the top.
- Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm topped with ice cream.