Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The recipe states to bake it in a 8 x 8-inch pan, this also may be made in a 9-inch springform pan. Make sure to use ripe bananas for this!
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (can use mini chocolate chips)
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups very ripe bananas (about 3 large)
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- Set oven to 350°.
- Butter and flour an 8 x 8-inch metal baking pan.
- For the streusel: in a bowl combine chocolate chips, brown sugar, walnuts and 1 tablespoon cinnamon until well blended; set aside.
- For the cake: in a bowl, sift together the the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, softened butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add in the mashed banana and buttermilk; mix until combined.
- Add in the flour mixture and blend well.
- Spread about 2 cups of batter into prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the streusel mixture.
- Top with remaining batter, then with streusel mix on top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- Cool cake in pan on a rack.