The recipe states to bake it in a 8 x 8-inch pan, this also may be made in a 9-inch springform pan. Make sure to use ripe bananas for this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (can use mini chocolate chips)
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1Set oven to 350°.
- 2Butter and flour an 8 x 8-inch metal baking pan.
- 3For the streusel: in a bowl combine chocolate chips, brown sugar, walnuts and 1 tablespoon cinnamon until well blended; set aside.
- 4For the cake: in a bowl, sift together the the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- 5Using an electric mixer, beat the sugar, softened butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl until smooth.
- 6Add in the mashed banana and buttermilk; mix until combined.
- 7Add in the flour mixture and blend well.
- 8Spread about 2 cups of batter into prepared baking pan.
- 9Sprinkle with half of the streusel mixture.
- 10Top with remaining batter, then with streusel mix on top.
- 11Bake for about 45 minutes, or until cake tests done.
- 12Cool cake in pan on a rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Cake With Chocolate Chip Streusel
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.8
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 385.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 57.4 g
- Protein 6.8 g