Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Originally from Marg Fulton but I have adapted it. Very moist and yummy - even for people that dont like bananas
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 158.51 ml milk
- 354.88 ml self-raising flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 7.39 ml salt
- 280 g butter, softened
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs
- 158.51 ml walnuts, chopped
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml nutmeg
- Grease and flour two 23cm round tins or 1 large roasting dish. Set oven to 180C (355F).
- Combine the milk and lemon juice and set aside for it to curdle slightly.
- Sift flour, cinnnamon and nutmeg into a large bowl. Add sugar, bicarb and salt.
- Add the mashed bananas ,butter and milk. Mix well with electric beaters on low speed.
- Add the eggs and beat for 2 minutes until combined, stir in walnuts.
- Divide mix into the tins and bake for 35-45 minutes for the two tins or 45-50 for the one tin. Cool on wire rack.
- To serve dust with icing sugar.
A lovely moist banana cake that was easy to make and received 5 stars from all of my family. I baked the recipe using the two round cake pans, but think this recipe would be lovely baked using mini loaf pans/tray too. I can't believe this cake hasn't been reviewed before. Reviewed for PAC March 2012. Photo also to be posted