- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift dry ingredients together, set aside.
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Add eggs and buttermilk to sugar mixture.
- Combine dry ingredients into wet.
- When incorporated, stir in mashed banana.
- Pour batter into a greased, floured tube pan (angel food cake pan).
- Bake 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool slightly, run knife around edges of pan to loosen cake, remove cake from pan.
- Finish cooling cake on a wire rack.
- Slice into wedges.