Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
These banana pancakes are so fluffy and yummy, you won't be able to stop eating them...great with whipped butter. (Note: cook time listed is for each pancake)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup mashed ripe banana (not pureed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest (optional)
- oil (for frying)
- Preheat a griddle or frypan to med-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, mashed banana, eggs, melted butter and orange zest (if using); add to flour mixture, stir well until evenly blended Lightly oil griddle or frypan.
- Pour approximately 1/4 cup pancake batter onto griddle, cook about 3 minutes on each side Repeat, until all batter is used up.
- Keep warm in the oven.
Wow! I wanted something bready to make use of some bananas I had lying around. This recipe is delicious! It was my first time preparing from scratch buttermilk pancakes. This recipe incorporating banana was a perfect addition. I used Nutella instead of syrup to dress them. Definitely saving this one for future use.
Really good. These were popular with everyone here. Made just as written -maybe a little more banana, except I added toasted chopped pecans. Next time I think I wont bother unless I toast the nuts more than I did. They seemed a bit soft and detracted from the pancakes. Thanks very much for this recipe.
Very good, fluffy pancakes! Be sure to pay attention to the time to cook each side. These take a little longer than plain pancakes.