1/16 Photos of Banana-Buttermilk Muffins
This recipe is from Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Healthful Cooking. They bake up light and full of flavor. The riper the bananas the sweeter the muffins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (I use 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup Splenda.)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I use pecans)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Spray 12 regular muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, mix together the flours, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- 4In separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, mashed banana, oil, egg and vanilla.
- 5Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- 6Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling about three-fourths full.
- 7Sprinkle tops evenly with nuts.
- 8Bake until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- 9Allow to cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes, then turn out onto rack and cool completely.
- 10These muffins freeze well and can be warmed in microwave.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana-Buttermilk Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.3 mg
- Sodium 193.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g