Recipe by Debbie R.
This recipe was found in "Cuisines of Portuguese Encounters". I haven't made it yet.
Top Review by Joseph
Made this for a pot luck at work. It was a hit. People that did not care for banana bread went back for seconds. I put the loaf out in the morning and it did not make it to lunch.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cashews
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl, beat butter till creamy. Add the sugar 1/3 cup at a time, beating after each addition. Add eggs, one at a time, continuing to beat. Mix in the vanilla and bananas.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Add creamy mixture, a little at a time, alternating with milk. Fold in chopped cashews. If you overbeat this, you will end up with tough bread.
- Butter and flour a large loaf pan. Pour in batter. Bake 1 hr or until tests clean with a toothpick.