Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This came from an old 1970s Womans Weekly cookbook my mum gave me. I've used it for years. It always gives a light but moist loaf. For a change, I sometimes add a little coffee powder and substitute caster sugar with brown.
- 2 ounces butter
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup (treacle)
- 3 small mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces self raising flour
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Beat butter and sugar together till very pale.
- Mix in mashed banana with egg and syrup.
- Fold in flour, salt and milk.
- Pour into approx 10x4 inch loaf tin (greased and lined). Cook on mark 4 or 180°C/350°F.