Recipe by Leilani
This recipe is more like a coffe cake style than bread. It is so delicious and relatively easy to make.
Top Review by panacea05
Words can't do this banana bread justice. I followed the receipe exactly, and it turned out unbelievably delicious. Best banana bread I've ever had, and my boyfriend and all the recruits in his police academy agree! Thanks for a fantastic recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add mashed bananas, vanilla and sour cream.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Fold into the creamed mixture, stirring just to blend.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle half the mixture over bottom of a well greased 9x13" baking dish.
- Spoon in the batter.
- Sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.