Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
I had this recipe handed down from my Great Grandmother. I made the addition of Applesuace because it made it moist. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- cream cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder baking soda and cinnamin.
- Add Egg whites mix well.
- Last add the banana's and applesauce.
- Place in a loaf pan and bake for 50-55 min.
- When cool you may add softend cream cheese as a frosting.
Excellent! Moist and delicious bread. Will definitely make again. Thank you!
Very good and very healthy. You can easily get 8 servings (I got more) so take that into account when you're looking at the calorie count. Also this bread is better after a day or 2 and then I would recommend freezing in individual slices. Mine molded before I could eat it all. I used half Splenda and half sugar with no problems. I already have another sliced loaf in the freezer. This is a definite keeper.