Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Scrumptious dessert! I love bananas and pineapple by themselves, but put them together with Oreos and "Wow"! This recipe came from a regional magazine that I receive. The cooking time listed is the time to chill the dessert before serving.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple (very well drained)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 5 large bananas
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (walnuts or pecans)
- chocolate fudge topping (to garnish)
- Melt the butter in the microwave, then combine with the cookie crumbs in a bowl.
- After combining well, press this mixture in a 9x13" pan.
- Mix the pudding according to the directions on the package, then add in the pineapple (make sure to drain as much juice as possible)and half of the cool whip.
- Spread the pudding/pineapple mixture on top of the crust.
- Slice the bananas and put them on top of the pudding; top with the remaining Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the cool whip; drizzle the chocolate syrup on top to garnish.
- Cover tightly and chill for 2 hours before serving.
This is a lovely tasting dessert. I am not sure why but we had a terrible time trying to get the pieces out of the pan. The oreo/butter mixture stuck to the bottom of the pan although it seemed very greasy when I patted it down. It was in the fridge for 3 hours but didn't really set up. However, it was a great tasting pudding. The familiar flavours all went together so well. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for 2010 Spring PAC.
I prepared this for a family gathering and everyone loved it. Made as directed; it needed no changes. Thanks for posting. Prepared for PAC fall '09.
Absolutely wonderful family-style dessert! I picked this recipe to use some very ripe bananas and I'm glad I did -- very easy and delicious - my kind of dessert! We skipped the nuts but otherwise made as directed - delicious! Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be making again soon!