1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Easy banana bread recipe for the bread machine.
My Private Note
pound l ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas (about 2 large)
- 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnut halves or 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon bread machine yeast or 1 teaspoon quick-rising yeast
- 1Combine bananas and sour cream or buttermilk into a small bowl and mash together with a fork until well blended and creamy. The mixture can be used immediately or stored in a refrigerator overnight.
- 2Place the banana mixture and the rest of the ingredients in the bread pan in the order listed.
- 3Set the program to the Quick Bread/Cake cycle.
- 4Set the crust setting to medium if offered.
- 5Press Start.
- 6The batter will be thick and smooth. After the first kneading cycle is finished, use a spatula to scrape any gathered flour mix from the corners and sides.
- 7When the bread machine beeps that it is finished, you can check that the bread is done by verifying that the bread has shrunk slightly from the sides of the pan, and the top is firm to gentle pressure. A toothpick or metal skewer will come out clean when inserted into the center of the bread.
- 8When done, immediately remove the pan from the machine.
- 9Let the bread stand in the pan for 15 minutes before turning it out, right side up, to cool completely.
- 10Wrap tightly in plastic wrap to store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Bead for the Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.4
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 289.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g