Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This is an incredibly moist and tender Banana Nut Bread. The addition of the instant banana pudding gives it an extra banana "kick". I find baking it at a lower temperature avoids burning the edges. My DH likes it for breakfast served under two eggs over easy.
Top Review by j_carpenter
Delicious Recipe! Thanks for sharing! I have made it the way it is written and also a few times with the twist of changing out the banana pudding for coconut pudding and using coconut milk instead of buttermilk. Yummy both ways! Thanks, again!
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 226.79 g butter, softened at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 236.59 ml buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 96.38 g box instant banana pudding mix
- 2.46 ml salt
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 709.77 ml flour
- 354.88 ml ripe bananas, mashed (about 4 medium)
- 236.59 ml chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Grease two 9 x 5 loaf pans.
- Cream butter and sugar well.
- Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Add instant pudding, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon, mixing well.
- Slowly add flour, one cup at a time, until well mixed.
- Peel bananas, mash and add to mixture.
- Add pecans and mix until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.