Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
In 'Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer
- 6 chicken thighs, with bone and skin
- 118.29 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Cooking Day: mix oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Transfer marinade to a large freezer bag.
- Add chicken to bag, turning to coat thoroughly; remove as much air as possible, and seal bag.
- Take a cake pan, or another pan with sides and lay bag flat; place pan in the freezer and flash freeze.
- Once flash frozen, remove bag from pan and place bag inside freezer.
- Serving Day: defrost meal--place in the refrigerator with a pan, plate, or bowl underneath to catch the extra moisture (or leaks) from defrosting; thaw chicken completely.
- Place chicken, skin side up and well coated with marinade, into rimmed baking pan or dish.
- Roast, uncovered in a 350° oven until brown and cooked through, about 35-40 minutes.
- *Chicken may also be grilled over med-hot coals until cooked through, turning once.
- Per serving--225 calories, 20.1 g fat, 0 g fiber.
I found this very delicious...I skipped the freezing part and went straight to the cooking...I did slip the thighs under the broiler for a few minutes to give them a more of crispy skin and to help brown them...This is very easy to prepare and I'm planning to make them again using the freezing method...thanks for posting.
Really good but burns quickly when cooked on the BBQ. Next time, I will use the oven.