Recipe by Mindelicious
Sweet & tangy sauce that is perfect with steamed veggies, baked sweet potatoes, noodles, or as a dipping sauce for spring rolls, potstickers, tempeh, or tofu. Recipe from Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan by Dreena Burton. This recipe is the prefered dipping sauce for Moroccan Phyllo Rolls.
- 59.14 ml pure maple syrup
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml vegan butter or 9.85 ml margarine
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 0.59 ml sea salt
- 4.92 ml arrowroot
- 44.37 ml tamari
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan on low heat, combine syrup, vinegar, butter spread, garlic, and salt, and heat for several minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine arrowroot and tamari, stirring through until well incorporated. Add tamari mixture to saucepan, whisk to combine, and increase heat to bring mixture to a boil, stirring continually.
- Let boil gently for 1 minute, then remove from heat and let cool slightly (the mixture will thicken more as it cools down). Enjoy! (this can be chilled or used as it).