Recipe by Ambervim
This is a nice accent for blanched green beans or most anything that would be good with balsamic. Nathan Sears at Vie makes this.
- 48 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 2 lbs sugar
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 10 allspice berries
- 2 vanilla beans, split
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1 large slice orange zest
- 8 ounces pectin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy bottomed pan over high heat bring the balsamic, sugar lemon juice, vanilla, allspice, cloves, star anise and orange zest to a boil.
- Remove from heat, transfer to storage container and refrigerate overnight or up to 5 days.
- Strain the liquid and save the vanilla for another use.
- Pour into a large wide pot and bring to a boil over high heat being sure it does not boil over.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mix reaches about 215 F and has the texture of a light syrup, 20-25 minutes.
- Use standard canning techniques to finish seal in 6 half pint and 1 4 oz jars.
- Does not include refrigeration time.