Strawberry Balsamic Black Pepper Jam
photo by Natalia - St Louis
- Ready In:
- 12 cups strawberries, hulled
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package light fruit pectin
- 4 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- Crush or finely chop strawberries 1 layer at a time. Measure 6 cups.
- Mix pectin with 1/4 cup of sugar. Stir pectin mixture into berries and continue stirring while bringing to a boil over high heat.
- Add remaining sugar. Continue stirring and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove jam from heat. Add balsamic vinegar and pepper.
- Ladle into sterilized jars. Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an actuary, I love my crockpot, and I'm working on eating healthy right now. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">