Recipe by D. Todd Miller
This tangy dish nicely combines sweet and sour flavors. This is a great recipe for the single, busy person: it can even be made in a counter-top oven! I usually serve this with rice, or I pull the meat off the bone and serve it on a salad.
- 1 large chicken breast, bone-in (I usually remove the skin)
- 4.92 ml dried sage
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4.92 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml dried thyme
- 118.29 ml red currant jelly
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prep a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Season chicken with sage, pepper, and soy sauce. Rub with 1 teaspoon dried thyme.
- Place seasoned chicken on baking sheet, place in oven, and begin baking.
- In the meantime, heat jelly, vinegar, and the other teaspoon of thyme in a small saucepan until jelly is melted. Remove from heat.
- Frequently brush the baking chicken with glaze until chicken is thoroughly cooked and juices run clear (about 30 minutes total).