Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Cooking Light magazine. These are very good and filling sandwiches. We all enjoy them.
Make and share this Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Bell Pepper Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 cups red bell peppers, cut into strips (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups onions, vertically sliced (about 1 large)
- 16 ounces focaccia bread (2 8oz loaves)
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over chicken.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
- Add 1/4 cup vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is done and vinegar is syrupy.
- Remove chicken mixture from the pan; cover and keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining 2 teaspoons oil.
- Add bell pepper and onion; sauté 7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 cup vinegar; cook 1 minute or until vinegar is syrupy.
- Cut foccaccia loaves in half horizontally.
- Arrange chicken mixture evenly over bottom halves of bread; top with bell pepper mixture.
- Arrange cheese over pepper mixture, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Top with top halves of bread.
- Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut each sandwich into 6 wedges.
Loved this Sandwich!!! Great flavors and VERY filling!
Excellent sandwich! The balsamic flavour was very nice without being overpowering. Great combination of flavours. Yum! Thanks HollyGolightly!