from Cooking Light magazine. These are very good and filling sandwiches. We all enjoy them.
Make and share this Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Bell Pepper Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 cups red bell peppers, cut into strips (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups onions, vertically sliced (about 1 large)
- 16 ounces focaccia bread (2 8oz loaves)
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon salt over chicken.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned.
- Add 1/4 cup vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is done and vinegar is syrupy.
- Remove chicken mixture from the pan; cover and keep warm.
- Wipe pan clean with a paper towel.
- Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining 2 teaspoons oil.
- Add bell pepper and onion; sauté 7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 cup vinegar; cook 1 minute or until vinegar is syrupy.
- Cut foccaccia loaves in half horizontally.
- Arrange chicken mixture evenly over bottom halves of bread; top with bell pepper mixture.
- Arrange cheese over pepper mixture, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Top with top halves of bread.
- Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut each sandwich into 6 wedges.
Loved this Sandwich!!! Great flavors and VERY filling!
Excellent sandwich! The balsamic flavour was very nice without being overpowering. Great combination of flavours. Yum! Thanks HollyGolightly!