PSU Lioness's Note:
This one was a huge hit with the family! I changed the ingredient amounts and added some lemon juice to counteract the vinegar. I just want to say that this in not for the faint of heart! You must like vinegar to enjoy this dish. Adapted from a dish on readyseteat.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced (fat removed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup onion, sliced into rings then cut in half
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (Hunt's is suggested)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- splash dry red wine (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1Cook penne according to package directions. Drain when finished cooking.
- 2While penne is cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet over Medium heat.
- 3Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper.
- 4Cook until chicken is no longer pink; drain.
- 5Add onions to skillet and cook for about a minute or two.
- 6Lightly drain tomatoes; add to skillet along with balsamic, lemon juice and wine. Bring to a simmer.
- 7Reduce heat to Medium-Low and simmer until slightly reduced and tomatoes are starting to break down (about 15 minutes).
- 8Serve over penne.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Balsamic Chicken With Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.1
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.4 mg
- Sodium 96.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with basil