Recipe by Jessi Garcia
This a great twist on chicken and very good!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
I really enjoyed this dish, but DH only a little. I feel it's really a matter of personal taste - the balsamic made it perfect for me - a little to much on the sweet side for him. It wasn't hard to make, but you do need to stand with it while preparing. It sure looked impressive and loved the glaze, the only thing I did differant was add some sliced red bell peppers to it as I had some left over. Thanks so much for posting.
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, slightly flattened
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat margarine and oile in non stick skillet.
- add onion and saute for at least 1 minute.
- cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 2 minutes more until all liquid has evaporated and add garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
- Move onion and garlic to bowl for later.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken to the bwl with the onions and garlic.
- Pour the balsamic vingear in the skillet and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Raise heat and reduce by half.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce again.
- Return the chicken and onions to the pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook until chicken is done all the way through.