Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This a great twist on chicken and very good!
Make and share this Balsamic Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Heat margarine and oile in non stick skillet.
- add onion and saute for at least 1 minute.
- cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover and cook for 2 minutes more until all liquid has evaporated and add garlic. Saute for 1 minute.
- Move onion and garlic to bowl for later.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and brown on both sides.
- Remove chicken to the bwl with the onions and garlic.
- Pour the balsamic vingear in the skillet and scrape up any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Raise heat and reduce by half.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce again.
- Return the chicken and onions to the pan.
- Add mushrooms and cook until chicken is done all the way through.
I really enjoyed this dish, but DH only a little. I feel it's really a matter of personal taste - the balsamic made it perfect for me - a little to much on the sweet side for him. It wasn't hard to make, but you do need to stand with it while preparing. It sure looked impressive and loved the glaze, the only thing I did differant was add some sliced red bell peppers to it as I had some left over. Thanks so much for posting.
Yum! This was really good. Loved the flavor of the balsamic vinegar. The chicken came out nice and moist. Made it as posted except cut the recipe down to serve 2. Thanks for posting. :)
Love balsamic vinegar so almost any recipe featuring the ingredient will catch my eye. If it's point friendly (WW), I'm sold. I made this as presented adding a sprig or two of fresh thyme to the reduction. I find the herb complements the rich earthy flavors of the mushrroms and vinegar. Quick, easy and delicious - keeper. Made for the *Healthy Chioces ABC Game*.