Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Try this on your barbecue. Great with a green salad and rice or pasta. Marinating time is not in prep time.
- 680.38 g flank steaks (or inside round or sirloin tip)
- 118.29 ml beer or 118.29 ml ale or 118.29 ml sherry wine
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml grainy mustard or 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Pierce meat with a fork several times.
- Place in a plastic bag.
- Mix other ingredients and pour over meat.
- Marinate in fridge 12 hours or overnight.
- Broil or grill steak over medium high heat 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Let meat rest 5 minutes when done.
- Boil marinade in saucepan for 5 to 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Slice steak into thin strips and top with sauce.
Very good. My son is allergic to soy, so it's a challenge during grilling season to find good marinades without soy sauce. Made it for company and it was a big hit. Definitely a keeper!
Very tasty! I only had two hours of marinating time, but it still turned out great. I grilled over high heat to medium rare, then sliced it quarter inch thin. I put the sliced steak in a foil pouch and returned it to the grill for about 10 minutes. I boiled the reserved marinade and kept it warm over low heat for 30 minutes. It reduced down and I served it over the steak. Delicious!
Yummy marinade. It gave a great taste to the steak. I used dijon mustard. Thanks Tebo :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game