Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 lb feta
- 3 carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package ziti pasta
- Prepare ziti as described on the package label.
- Cut green peppers, carrots, and onion into small pieces.
- In a non-stick skillet pour the olive oil and cook in medium heat all the vegetables until lightly browned.
- Stir approx.
- 1/2 cup of hot water and continue cooking until vegetables are crisp and soft.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain ziti; set aside.
- In the same pot add the cooked vegetables, stir in the crushed tomatoes, a little sugar salt and dry basil.
- Remove pot from the heat and place the ziti in the pot.
- In the pot stir some Parmesan cheese, and place mixture into a casserole, break the fate cheese and crumble over the mixture, mix.
- Cover and bake for about 30 minutes, or until feta has melted.