Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
A nice no-fuss, fresh vegetable side dish or appetizer.
Top Review by Chef Bazaz #343028
Love this recipe. I order my Vidalia onions from Georgia every year since we don't have them in sunny California. I get 60 lbs every year wrap them in paper towels and put them in the extra frig. they keep for a long time. Thanks for the recipe.
- 4 large vidalia onions
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel onions, leaving root ends intact. Cut each onion into eighths, cutting to, but not through, root ends.
- Place each onion on a lightly greased 12-inch square of aluminum foil. Press butter evenly into onions; sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese. Wrap onions in foil, and arrange in a 13-x9-inch pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.