1/3 Photos of Baked Vegetables With White Beans
From Favediets.com. They say "This veggie and potato casserole is a delicious way to enjoy a vegetarian meal or have a flavorful side dish with your main course. Try mixing and matching your favorite vegetables for a variation." When I made it I used a combination of broccoli and cauliflower. I did add the salt, pepper, and spices; the original calls only for garlic. I might switch up the cheese next time as well, as I think mozzarella or monterrey jack (think something gooier) would be even better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 potatoes, peeled and, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, well drained, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- basil and oregano (to taste)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Blanch broccoli 2 minutes, remove with slotted spoon and plunge into cold water. Drain and pat dry; place in large bowl. Cook potatoes in same water about 7 minutes. Drain well and add to broccoli. Stir in tomatoes, white beans, and olives.
- 3In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Season with basil and oregano to taste if you like.
- 4Spread half of vegetable mixture in a shallow 12x7" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Spoon on remaining vegetables and top with remaining Parmesan.
- 5Cover with foil, and bake about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Vegetables With White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (443 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.4
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 324.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 18.1 g