From Favediets.com. They say "This veggie and potato casserole is a delicious way to enjoy a vegetarian meal or have a flavorful side dish with your main course. Try mixing and matching your favorite vegetables for a variation." When I made it I used a combination of broccoli and cauliflower. I did add the salt, pepper, and spices; the original calls only for garlic. I might switch up the cheese next time as well, as I think mozzarella or monterrey jack (think something gooier) would be even better.
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 potatoes, peeled and, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, well drained, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- basil and oregano (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Blanch broccoli 2 minutes, remove with slotted spoon and plunge into cold water. Drain and pat dry; place in large bowl. Cook potatoes in same water about 7 minutes. Drain well and add to broccoli. Stir in tomatoes, white beans, and olives.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour over vegetables and toss gently to coat. Season with basil and oregano to taste if you like.
- Spread half of vegetable mixture in a shallow 12x7" baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Spoon on remaining vegetables and top with remaining Parmesan.
- Cover with foil, and bake about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil and bake 5 more minutes.