Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from a friend's family cookbook.
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Layer Pepper Jack, broccoli and tomatoes in ungreased 8x8x2 inch baking dish. Beat milk, flour, salt, pepper and eggs until smooth. Pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes or until egg mixture is set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into servings.
Delicious! I added some chopped green onion and a tiny bit of cayenne to the egg mixture. For some reason I needed to baked this for an additional 15 mins and it still didn't set up completely firm, but it tasted great. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Definitely a keeper! I was initially skeptical that the egg mixture would be enough to properly bind all the veggies in it, but it baked up perfectly. I used reduced fat cheese because that's what I accidentally picked up at the store, but next time I will probably use full-fat cheese for better texture (reduced fat cheese wasn't too bad, but texture was a bit rubbery -- my fault, not the recipe's). I only got 4 servings out of this, not 9 -- maybe it would serve 9 as small pieces on a breakfast buffet with other items. I actually enjoyed this warm as breakfast, and then another piece at room temp for dinner. Very good both ways. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2014