1/1 Photo of Baked Turkey Ziti
1 hr 5 mins
I just invented this tonight, and I'm posting it with the picture to tempt you. I formulated this to only use one pot, not including the baking dish. Let me know if I should adjust some of the liquids, because I modified as I went. I like to do two smaller pans instead of one large one because you can freeze one and then pop it in the oven on a later busy night.
My Private Note
9x9 dis ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey (or turkey sausage, removed from casings)
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat ziti
- 1 cup fat free sour cream or 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons boursin cheese (can substitute ricotta, more sour cream)
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shredded carrot (you can use a peeler to shred it) (optional)
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine (optional)
- Italian spices, to taste
- 1Cook ziti according to package directions.
- 2In large stockpot on med-high heat, add oil, garlic, onions, carrot shreds, and ground turkey. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- 3Add mushrooms and wine to pot, let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add sauce and tomatoes with juice to pot, heat on medium until warmed through. Add boursin and sour cream to taste, and cooked ziti. You may also add extra sauce or diced tomatoes if it looks too dry for you. Add seasonings, to taste, depending on how flavorful your jar sauce is. I like Bertolli or Barilla or 5 Brothers.
- 5Spray baking dish with cooking spray and then put the mixture in the dish. Cook covered for 30 mins at 350, then broil the top for 2 minutes if you like it golden brown.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Turkey Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.6
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 732.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 24.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: