I didn't have any chips for my guacamole, and I definitely wasn't going to the store nor was I making homemade dough. This was a fast easy alternative. I used flour tortillas instead of corn, but either works. I even made some whole wheat ones. Very flavorful. Serving size is estimated. Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cut each tortilla into 8 chip sized wedges and arrange the wedges in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- 3In a mister, combine the oil and lime juice.
- 4Mix well and spray each tortilla wedge until slightly moist.
- 5Combine the cumin, chili powder, and salt in a small bowl and sprinkle on the chips.
- 6Bake for about 7 minutes.
- 7Rotate the pan and bake for another 8 minutes or until the chips are crisp, but not too brown.
- 8Serve with salsa, guacamole, or garnishes.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Tortilla Chips
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.3
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 421.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g