Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From 365 Ways to Cook Chicken.
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 59.14 ml flour
- 9.85 ml chicken bouillon
- 4 slice swiss cheese, cut up
- 473.18 ml cooked chicken
- 283.49 g package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 large tomatoes, tops cut off and insides scooped out
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium saucepan, cook onion in 1/4 cup water over medium heat until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, flour and bouillon; stir until smooth. Add to onion.
- Cook and stir until mixture thickens. Add cheese and remove from heat. Stir until cheese melts. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce bowl, combine chicken, spinach and 1 cup sauce; mix well and stuff tomatoes.
- Place in a 8 by 8 inch baking dish; pour 1/2 cup water around tomatoes.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, until hot. Serve with remaining sauce.
This was ok. The filling was good, but the tomatoes came out mushy and fell apart. I think I might try this recipe again, but with bell peppers, portabella mushrooms, or onions instead of tomatoes.
Made this as an OAMC recipe. It was fantastic! I did all the steps up to stuffing the tomatoes. Then put in freezer. On cooking day I stuffed tomatoe (actually I used portabella mushrooms) and cooked. This is definetly going on to my permanent menu. Thank you!
This was delicious, and so healthy. I used a purple onion, and also added some minced garlic, salt and pepper, and some Italian seasoning. I used canned white chicken breast meat, and mozzarella cheese. Thank you for posting this elegant and healthy dish.