Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I used to make this easy baked chicken and potatoes recipe. Last night I decided to veganize it. I winged it and wasn't sure if it would be good at all, but it was delicious! The tofu browned nicely, but was still nice and tender. Note: amounts are approximated.
- 1⁄2 lb firm tofu
- 1 large potatoes or 2 small potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos or 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Slice tofu and potatoes (thin) and place in a large baking dish.
- Top with oil, Braggs, vinegar and seasonings.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 minutes. Flip with spatula half-way through.
Very yummy!! I think using fresh herbs in this during the summer will be awesome!! I was very liberal with the seasonings and doubled the recipe. I used my broiler pan (just the bottom, not the rack) to have plenty of room to spread everything around. I pressed the tofu first to get the extra moisture out and it turned out great. I also raised the temp to 375 and sliced the taters really thin!! Thanks so much for sharing!! :O)
This was pretty good, but I made some mistakes along the way. I didn't take enough time to drain the tofu so the tofu was a little watery (next time I'll freeze before, too). I wasn't clear on how to put everything in the dish, so I used a 9x13 and did a thin layer on the bottom and it was fine in 30-40 minutes. I'm not sure I liked the chili powder in this and may use different spices next time.
The flavor was great! I would suggest a shallow baking dish because when I tried with a casserole dish, the potatoes were still uncooked after 30 minutes even with wafer thin slices.