Feel free to sub other veggies like cooked broccoli, sauteed zucchini for the green onion, also cheddar cheese can be subbed for the Swiss cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees (place the oven rack to second-lowest position).
- 2Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 3In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- 4Spread the grated Swiss cheese evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- 5Dot with pieces of butter.
- 6Drizzle 1/2 cup whipping cream over the cheese (it doesn't have to cover the cheese completely).
- 7Sprinkle the chopped green onions over (if using).
- 8Pour the eggs over.
- 9Then drizzle the remaining cream over the eggs (the cream will seep into the eggs).
- 10Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated cheese, return to oven and bake until the eggs are set, about 15-20 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Swiss Cheese Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 556.8
- Calories from Fat 425
- Total Fat 47.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 547.3 mg
- Sodium 313.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 28.0 g