Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Feel free to sub other veggies like cooked broccoli, sauteed zucchini for the green onion, also cheddar cheese can be subbed for the Swiss cheese.
- Set oven to 325 degrees (place the oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Spread the grated Swiss cheese evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Dot with pieces of butter.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup whipping cream over the cheese (it doesn't have to cover the cheese completely).
- Sprinkle the chopped green onions over (if using).
- Pour the eggs over.
- Then drizzle the remaining cream over the eggs (the cream will seep into the eggs).
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with grated cheese, return to oven and bake until the eggs are set, about 15-20 minutes more.