Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a terrific stuffed french toast recipe. Great when you have overnight guests or for Sunday or Holiday Brunch. In a pinch, you could use canned apple pie filling instead of fresh apple. This is a great breakfast comfort food!
- 4 slices sourdough bread (large slices, cubed, no crust)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled & chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 -3 tablespoons sifted powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- Preheat oven 375 dg.
- Put 1/2 bread cubes in ungreased 11x7" dish. Cover with all of the cream cheese. Sprinkle with apple. Top with remaining bread. Beat eggs, milk, & cinnamon until blended. Pour over top & bake 35 minute
- Dust with sugar & serve with maple syrup.
This was delicious! A big hit at brunch!