Prep 6 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe sounds a little "different," but it was a huge hit this year at Easter. It originally called for 6 eggs; however, I've been able to squeeze in 8 and have plenty of sauce.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut eggs lengthwise, remove yolks, set whites aside.
- On a plate, mash yolks and add sour cream, mustard, and salt. Mix well.
- Fill the egg whites with the yolk mixture.
- In a small pan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add soup and sour cream; mix well.
- Pour half of the sauce mixture into an 11x7 pan. Place stuffed eggs in sauce and spoon remaining sauce on top of eggs. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
This is a different recipe as kelly said, but we really loved it and its a great way to use those Easter eggs! Makes a great brunch or light dinner dish.
Tryed this recipe to use our leftover Easter eggs. My husband wasn't sure he even wanted to try them, he did and he loved it. I certainly will be making this again. We actually had this for supper with asparagus and sour dough bread. Terrific!