Quick and Easy Baked Stuffed Eggs With Cheese Sauce
photo by I'mPat
- Ready In:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh very finely chopped mushroom cap
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white wine worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- cheese sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Split eggs lengthwise. Remove yolks and mash.
- Saute mushrooms in butter. Add mushrooms and seasonings (sauces)to yolks and mix well.
- Stuff into egg white shells and arrange in buttered, shallow casserole dish.
- TO MAKE CHEESE SAUCE.
- In a large saucepan, combine butter and flour and cook on medium heat just until butter and flour are well mixed.
- Add milk slowly and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and thick.
- Remove from heat, fold in cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Pour cheese sauce over eggs and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I cut this recipe in half for the 2 of us & although I included the mushrooms, I did just saute them only slightly before adding them to the stuffing! I also left out the Tabasco sauce, & I crushed some oven toasted whole grain bread for the breadcrumbs, which, I thought, gave it an additional flavor boost! And we liked the cheese sauce over the eggs! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits recipe tag]
Scaled back to 2 and the DM and I really enjoyed for breakfast. Though I did omit the tabasco sauce (:oops: forgot to get it out), the only thing I would do differently next time is to use fresh breadcrumbs as I think they would give a crunchier texture on the top. Thank you weknd cooker, made for Went o Market.
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello everyone, My name is Doug and I am the host of I recommend tag.I am in my early 40's, I am married, with two children. Michael 14, and katherine 10 . I started to learn to cook, after I got married, when my wife started working nights, and I couldn't get around because I had my entire left leg rebuilt. I just completed remodeling my entire house, and am very active at volunteering at my childrens schools.<br />Rating System <br />5 stars- Outstanding (4 out 4 ) in family enjoyed. <br />4 stars - Very good (3 out of 4) in family enjoyed. Will make no adjustments. <br />3 stars - good, might consider an adjustment <br />2 stars- Okay- will make adjustment <br />1 star- debatable I will make again, would with right adjustment <br />0 stars - Will not attempt again.</p>