Recipe by red and white kitchen
Recipe from box of Mrs T frozen pierogies. This recipe is often requested. Serve as main dish or side.
Top Review by sofie-a-toast
This was good - a very hearty dinner. We added broccoli for some more vegetables to make a one-dish meal. The sauce was good but I liked grating some extra fresh black pepper on top. Made for Pick a Chef tag game.
- 1 dozen frozen potato and onion pierogies
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 ounces chopped fresh spinach or 1 box frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw 1 dozen frozen pierogies in boiling water for 3-5 minutes uncovered. Drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely chop onion.
- Mince garlic.
- Saute fresh spinach in olive oil. Not neccesary if using frozen spinach, just thaw and squeeze water out of it. Remove from pan.
- Saute onion add more olive oil if needed.
- Stir garlic into onion and just heat through.Add soup and warm.
- Grease 13x9 pan.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of sauce on bottom of dish.
- Place pierogies in single layer.
- Put spinach on top of each pierogie.
- Pour rest of sauce evenly over top of spinach and pierogies.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees covered for 20 minutes.