Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I put my twist on the classic fried chicken...but made it simple and less painful.. lol ..I made this one a little less spicy but you can add more spice or less to your liking depending on your taste. I have tried this with so many different substitutions so be as creative as ur tastebuds will let you ;) Enjoy!
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 -8 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons adobo seasoning, with pepper
- 3 tablespoons paprika or 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Heat Oven to 425 degrees F.
- Layer Tray or 13X9 Pan with foil and grease very very well with butter preferably.
- (You can skip foil and just grease pan I want less of a clean up so I use a layer or 2 of foil . lol).
- Rinse off drumsticks under cold water. Pat dry with towel or paper towels. Put aside.
- In one bowl mix all the dry ingredients. Seasonings and Flour (I have tried using self rising flour and it turns out great). You can also taste to make sure if extra salt and pepper is needed you know flour can get bland if the spices arent enough.
- In another bowl melt butter for 30 secs or less in microwave.
- Dip drumsticks in melted butter one at a time then roll in flour mixture. Completely coat drumsticks.
- Arrange drumsticks on tray so they all have a little room around to move ;) You can spray the chicken with Pam or Spray with butter.
- Place in oven and bake for 60 -75 mins or until browned.
- NOTE . I turned the drumsticks on the opposite side every 15 - 20 mins so it would cook nicely and firmly on both sides.
Sorry, I just did not like this. I think the rosemary in this just was too overwhelming and did not seem to mesh well with the other ingredients.