Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A rib-sticking, easy comfort meal from the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Cut spareribs into serving portions, season and place in a roasting pan.
- Add sauerkraut, cover and bake at 350F for 90 minutes.
- To make the dumplings, sift dry ingredients together very well.
- Add egg to milk and stir into flour to form a smooth batter.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto sauerkraut.
- Cover pan tightly and finish baking for 30 minutes.