Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so very good, I make it for my people all the time and people ask all the time for the recipe. It uses ground turkey and low fat ingredients for a healthy meal with a great flavor.
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Cook Spaghetti noodles until done and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cook the turkey breast, green peppers and onions in a skillet on medium heat until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add the drained jar of mushrooms and the can of diced tomatoes to skillet. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the can of cream of mushroom soup with the water.
- In the casserole dish place half of the cooked noodles, then topped with half the meat mixture, then 1 cup cheese . Repeat. then finally the cream of mushroom soup mixture. Top with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cook on 350 for 35 minutes.
I was looking for low fat low carb recipes to try when I came across this one. I have to admit I was surprised. It was really good. I had my doubts since no spices are used but I try to stick to the original recipe the first time I make it. The only thing I did differently was using whole wheat spaghetti. I don't think I will change anything in the future and I will be making again. Thanks for posting.
This is super yummy and easy to cook. My hubby loved it! And thats saying alot. So glad I found this recipe. Recipe was full of flavor. I added a pinch of fresh ground pepper. Probably didn't even need it tho.
This is great! I up the amount of meat,veggies and cheese, as it seems like a lot of pasta compared to the rest of it...I also add black pepper and some milk, to increase the thickness of the sauce. very tasty!!! I've made it twice, and it's been a hit both times!