Recipe by snaves
This is so very good, I make it for my people all the time and people ask all the time for the recipe. It uses ground turkey and low fat ingredients for a healthy meal with a great flavor.
Top Review by spoolbaby2
I was looking for low fat low carb recipes to try when I came across this one. I have to admit I was surprised. It was really good. I had my doubts since no spices are used but I try to stick to the original recipe the first time I make it. The only thing I did differently was using whole wheat spaghetti. I don't think I will change anything in the future and I will be making again. Thanks for posting.
- 16 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar mushrooms
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Spaghetti noodles until done and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Cook the turkey breast, green peppers and onions in a skillet on medium heat until turkey is no longer pink.
- Add the drained jar of mushrooms and the can of diced tomatoes to skillet. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the can of cream of mushroom soup with the water.
- In the casserole dish place half of the cooked noodles, then topped with half the meat mixture, then 1 cup cheese . Repeat. then finally the cream of mushroom soup mixture. Top with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cook on 350 for 35 minutes.